GET THE LOOK - ENCAPSULATED CHROME
OUR GUIDE TO ENCAPSULATING CHROME POWDER TECHNIQUE
BY ALEX PHILAMOND & SANDRA DA SILVA
A unique and invaluable technique for isolated chrome nail art is by using the encapsulation method. This is achievable by burnishing a full coverage chrome overlay and then painting either clear base or top coat over it, which will encapsulate the chrome underneath when cured, allowing the rest to be wiped away and reveal the surrounding base colour.
THE PRODUCTS YOU'LL NEED
- FULLY PREPARE THE NAILS
- APPLY BASE COAT / BUILDER GEL AND CURE
- APPLY GLASS NO WIPE TOP COAT OR HYPER SHINE HEMA FREE TOP COAT AND CURE
TIP! Ensure that the surface texture is smooth before curing, as the chrome will highlight any dips or bumps. Note: If your chromed design includes the free edge, such as a French tip, ensure that your top coat has capped it so that it can be chromed as well.
- ENCAPSULATED CHROME CAN BE EITHER FLAT OR RAISED, DEPENDING ON THE DESIRED OUTCOME. FOR FLAT DESIGNS, USE OUR GLASS NO-WIPE TOP COAT AND FOR RAISED DESIGNS USE OUR RUBBER BASE COAT.
- USING OUR DETAIL OR LINER BRUSH FOR PRECISION, PAINT YOUR CHOSEN DESIGN ON TOP OF THE CHROME USING EITHER TOP OR BASE COAT, THEN CURE FULLY.
- WIPE AWAY THE EXCESS CHROME USING A LINT-FREE WIPE SOAKED IN IPA TO REVEAL YOUR ENCAPSULATED CHROME NAIL ART!